Update the qbittorrent program in mageia 8, otherwise I can't connect remotely, since version 4.3.3 uses the old api.
> I can't connect remotely
To what? To all bittorrent streams, or just one?
Are you able to confirm that simply updating the program will not stop it working for other people?
Please explain the problem you have, and why you think updating the program would fix it.
> 4.3.3 uses the old api
This page: https://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php says about this:
"A new, redesigned and refactored WebAPI" and "There a new v2 WebAPI now, but v1 is still supported too" May 2018 v4.1.0, then several corrections in v4.1.1.
"Drop legacy WebAPI support" in v4.2.0 Dec 2019.
Then nothing significant between the current M8 & newest version:
Mar 2021 v4.3.4 "Accept "share limits" when adding torrent using WebAPI"
May 2021 v4.3.5 "Allow to specify file indexes in torrents/files API"
Feb 2022 v4.4.1 "WebAPI: fix wrong key used for categories"
So there is no signifcant API change between 4.3.3 and 4.4.1 that I can see. Please say what version change matters to you.
Created attachment 13160 [details]
screenshot from qbittorrent remote.
Although, maybe this message refers to an android application, not a program on a PC. But still, the program in mageia 8 is already outdated.
Sorry but we can't read the screenshot. Could you explain how an Android application is related to the package provided by Mageia?
Created attachment 13161 [details]
The fact is that the program on android depends on the program on the PC
Could you also point to the Android app which you are using because according https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent it is not provided by qbittorent?
Here is the application itself. Although I analyzed it here, it's just an informational message, but it's a valid working one. showing which api the client and server have. Therefore, I will close it.
Thank you for doing that. It did not look like a Mageia affair.
> the program in mageia 8 is already outdated
Sometimes users ask for a newer version of a package than we offer, but with justification: it really matters. In this case, our current M8 version is not seriously out of date. We do in fact have v4.4.1 in Cauldron. Matteo looks after this, and might choose to offer the update for Mageia 8.
In case that update is offered, can we rely on you Nikolay to test it?
Yes, I agree to test it. The only thing I didn't figure out how to update from qa-repo, although it connects. At the same time, then I'll re-open it.
As v4.4.1 is only available in cauldron, you can't use QA repo yet to test it for MGA8. If you want to test v4.4.1 now you need a cauldron installation.
This was what Lewis described: "If" the maintainer decides to update it in MAG8 then you would be able to install and test it via QA repo.
Re-phrasing the bug request:
Please update qbittorrent to 4.4.1, since it has enhancements & bugfixes compared to the current M8 version 4.3.3.
Note: the packager can decline this (wontfix) - await Mageia 9.
@Nikolay : you do not need QArepo just to test one update. The important thing is to make urpmi look for specified updates in core/updates_testing. I suspect that
# urpmi --searchmedia "core/updates_testing" --auto-select <package(s)>
or something like it suffices; 'packages' being all those in the update Advisory. It is often a good idea to add the --test parameter to see what will happen before doing it.
sturmvogel might correct this!
Remember this all only IF your request gets done.
Qbittorrent has been updated to enable all the new features and API changes needed for all users.
Uploaded to core/updates_testing
Using QARepo: qbittorrent-4.5.3-1.mga8enjdk-static-libs-188.8.131.52.7-2.mga8.x86_64.rpm not found in the remote repository
(In reply to Herman Viaene from comment #12)
> Using QARepo:
> qbittorrent-4.5.3-1.mga8enjdk-static-libs-184.108.40.206.7-2.mga8.x86_64.rpm not
> found in the remote repository
That message indicates the "qbittorrent" and a "enjdk-static-libs" rpm names ran together in qarepo.
I can't test them at this time, but the packages ARE there.
This looks like a copy/paste error providing input to qarepo.
Pasting the two lines ...
into qarepo, with qarepo set to use http://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/mageia
and core/nonfree/tainted all selected, then selecting the update button, it
fetches both packages ok.
The full konsole output shows ...
[root@x8v ~]# qarepo
filtering /root/qa-testing/x86_64/media_info/hdlist.cz into hdlist.cz.tmp
parse_hdlist has failed, keeping 0 headers successfully parsed
adding 2 new rpms not available in existing hdlist
replacing /root/qa-testing/x86_64/media_info/hdlist.cz with hdlist.cz.tmp
replacing /root/qa-testing/x86_64/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz with synthesis.hdlist.cz.tmp
adding medium "QA Testing (64-bit)" before remote medium "Core Release (distrib1)"
Repeated install operation with QARepo, works OK now.
Started qbittorent and after some reading in https://mariogarontechwriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/qBittorrent2.pdf
Downloaded torreent file from LibreOffice.org and run that one. Completed OK.
Thank you, Herman. Validating. Advisory in comment 11.
An update for this issue has been pushed to the Mageia Updates repository.
backport to version 9.