Bug 25071 - MySQL Workbench 6.3.10 fails to connect to MariaDB servers
Summary: MySQL Workbench 6.3.10 fails to connect to MariaDB servers
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: Mageia
Classification: Unclassified
Component: RPM Packages (show other bugs)
Version: 7
Hardware: All Linux
Priority: High critical
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: QA Team
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2019-07-08 11:23 CEST by Davy Defaud
Modified: 2019-07-10 17:26 CEST (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Source RPM: mysql-connector-c++-1.1.9-2.mga7
CVE:
Status comment:


Attachments

Description Davy Defaud 2019-07-08 11:23:52 CEST
Description of problem:

Each time I try to connect to a MariaDB server (5.5.* and even Mageia’s 10.3.16) MySQL Workbench is failing with the following error message: “Unsupported option provided to mysql_options()”.
An interesting thing is that I’ve tried MySQL’s package dedicated to Fedora 27 (mysql-workbench-community-6.3.10-1.fc27.x86_64.rpm) which can be downloaded from https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/file/?id=474215 (it requires lib64jpeg62 as a dependency, and I forced the installation because of naming differences of other dependencies) and I’ve bee able to connect to my servers. So there’s really something bad in the version provided by Mageia 7.
Davy Defaud 2019-07-08 11:24:34 CEST

Priority: Normal => High

Comment 1 Lewis Smith 2019-07-08 21:39:04 CEST
Assigning to Jani rather than pkg-bugs, since he is the main committer of this pkg still around.

Assignee: bugsquad => jani.valimaa
CC: (none) => lewyssmith

Comment 2 Jani Välimaa 2019-07-09 20:50:42 CEST
Added patches from openSUSE to mysql-connector-c++ to make it to work with mariadb.

mysql-connector-c++-1.1.9-2.1.mga7 should be available soonish in core/updates_testing for mga7. Please test.

CC: (none) => jani.valimaa
Assignee: jani.valimaa => qa-bugs
Source RPM: mysql-workbench-6.3.10-6.mga7.src.rpm => mysql-connector-c++-1.1.9-2.mga7

Comment 3 Lewis Smith 2019-07-09 22:58:41 CEST
Thank you Jani for the lightning fix!

CC: lewyssmith => (none)

Comment 4 Davy Defaud 2019-07-09 23:18:10 CEST
Yes indeed, thank you for the quick fix Jani! I was pretty sure that mysql-connector-c++ was the culprit… ;-)
I confirm that MySQL Workbench can connect to MariaDB servers (at least mine).

Fill free to close the bug after pushing mysql-connector-c++-1.1.9-2.1.mga7 to Core update.
Comment 5 Davy Defaud 2019-07-10 17:26:19 CEST
Ooops!

:s/Fill/Feel/

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.