Description of problem:
The old DigiDoc3 software doesn't work anymore. I have updated needed parts of the software and have done some tests on my own system to confirm that things seem to work as they should.
DigiDoc3 cannot be used for signing documents from 1 January 2019 due to outdated software; neither will it support the new ID-card to be issued at the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019. This update adds DigiDoc4 client and updates other related components to make the ID software work again.
Updated/added packages in core/updates_testing:
1. In up-to-date Mageia 6 drakrpm enabled core/updates_testing repository.
2. Refreshed repositories and opened upgradeable packages.
3. Marked for upgrade packages:
4. Searched for and marked for installation the package:
- qdigidoc4-4.2.0-2.mga6.x86_64 - that causes the removal of (previous) qdigidoc package.
5. Performed upgrade/install of marked packages.
6. Tested chrome-token-signing by logging into my internet bank account using PIN1 and made a transfer by signing it with PIN2.
7. Launched qdigidoc4, was able to load my photo after insering PIN1, checked my ID card certificates, opened existing digitally signed documents and created and signed a new document.
8. Everything that was tested worked as expected.
MGA6-32 MATE on IBM Thinkpad R50e
When selecting task-esteid-4.2.0-1.mga6 in MCC it draws in qdigidoc-3.16.xxx and selecting then qdigidoc4-4.2.0-2.mga6 is refused because of incompatibility with the older version.
After installing all packages under test, but thus the older versions of qdigidoc4, I could then upgrade to qdigidoc4-4.2.0-2.mga6.x86_64 which removes the older version.
I obviously have no Estonian id card, but I made sure it does not affect reading my Belgian eid. That is OK.