Thunderbird 52.1.1 has been released today (May 15):
We may want to update it, due to the bug fixes.
Updated package uploaded for Mageia 5.
Updated thunderbird and thunderbird-l10n packages fixes bugs:
* Crash when compacting IMAP folder
* Some attachments can't be opened or saved if the message body is empty
* Unable to load full message via POP if message was downloaded partially (or only headers) before
* Large attachments may not be shown or saved correctly if the message is stored in an IMAP folder which is not synchronized for offline use
Updated packages in core/updates_testing:
and the thunderbird-l10n packages
Mike, thanks for this. It hasn't been pushed yet in Cauldron, so that will need to happen before this update can be pushed (it can still be tested of course).
Advisory added to svn, but I put the wrong bug number in the svn commit commment.
Don't think that impacts anything.
Thunderbird has been updated to 52.1.1 in cauldron. Package just finished building. I had taken the fact that the bug was against 5 only to be an indication that tbird needed to wait until (the hopefully soon) release of 6. My mistake. Anyway, it is there, so 5 can proceed as usual. :)
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be installed:
Package Version Release Arch
thunderbird 52.1.1 1.mga5 x86_64
thunderbird-en_GB 52.1.1 1.mga5 noarch
sent myself an email with attachment, the body was empty, to pop3 isp.
downloaded same e-mail, opened and then saved attachment without issue
On mga5-64 packages installed cleanly:
Email - POP/SMTP - OK
Calendar - OK
Address Book - OK
Unix Movemail - OK
Newsgroups - OK
To the extent tested, OK for mga5-64
Not tested: enigmail, IMAP
MGA5-32 on Asus A6000VM
No installation issues, with thunderbird, nl package and enigmail.
When starting thunderbird from CLI I got some warnings a.o.:
WARN Add-on email@example.com is not compatible with application version.
1495958677290 addons.xpi-utils WARN addMetadata: Add-on firstname.lastname@example.org is invalid: Error: Invalid addon ID: expected addon ID email@example.com, found firstname.lastname@example.org in manifest (resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProviderUtils.js:1660:15) JS Stack trace: addMetadata@XPIProviderUtils.js:1660:15 < processFileChanges@XPIProviderUtils.js:2051:23 < this.XPIProvider.checkForChanges@XPIProvider.jsm:3826:34 < this.XPIProvider.startup@XPIProvider.jsm:2830:25 < callProvider@AddonManager.jsm:237:12 < _startProvider@AddonManager.jsm:790:5 < AddonManagerInternal.startup@AddonManager.jsm:976:9 < this.AddonManagerPrivate.startup@AddonManager.jsm:3033:5 < amManager.prototype.observe@addonManager.js:65:9
As I never ever used any reference to enigmail, I disregarded this and was able to send/receive mail to/from another mail account on another machine. So OK for me.
Updated the three packages and restarted Thunderbird. Checked address-books, Calendar and sending a message to Discuss. T don't see sent mail in Thunderbird but the message arrived at google.com. A message sent to myself did appear but it had been encrypted by Enigmail so I could not open it. That is because I cannot remember the passphrase(s) set up in previous tests. Clearing the passphrase and setting up another is impossible because of a longstanding problem with Gnupg and GNOME keyring which is publicised on the Thunderbird site. So I shall be uninstalling Enigmail. Tried IRC but ran foul of the "tarazed is not a registered nickname" problem which has never been resolved. That message comes up every time I join the channel on Thursdays but in Thunderbird it results in a series of connections and disconnections. Apart from those two personal issues Thunderbird is working fine.
Working ok here on x86_64 with enigmail on both pop3 and imap accounts.
Validating the update.
advisory MGA5-32-OK =>
advisory MGA5-32-OK MGA5-64-OKCC:
An update for this issue has been pushed to the Mageia Updates repository.