LibreOffice developers decided to drop support for Type 1 fonts in LibreOffice 5.3 and newer, see https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104701. This means that URW Type 1 fonts provided by urw-fonts-2.4-7.mga6 are no longer usable. As Mageia 6 already provides LibreOffice 5.3, the urw-fonts package should also include TrueType (and/or OpenType) fonts to not break the format of documents written with LibreOffice 5.2 and older and using these fonts. These TTF and ODF fonts are available from here:
Either that or create a new fonts-ttf-urw package. :)
Assigning to all packagers collectively, since there is no registered maintainer for this package.
Thanks for the report. They should be added in a new package. I also have an update for urw-fonts halfway done that I never finished. Maybe I will some day.
RPM Packages =>
New RPM package requestSeverity:
(In reply to David Walser from comment #2)
> Thanks for the report. They should be added in a new package. I also have
> an update for urw-fonts halfway done that I never finished. Maybe I will
> some day.
"Close" to final release an still is valid.
(In reply to katnatek from comment #3)
> (In reply to David Walser from comment #2)
> > Thanks for the report. They should be added in a new package. I also have
> > an update for urw-fonts halfway done that I never finished. Maybe I will
> > some day.
> "Close" to final release an still is valid.
Bugs are fixed on a voluntary basis. We're sorry that it will not be fixed for the final release but it can still be afterwards through an update.
It would be good to add a note about this in the Errata, thus I'm adding the FOR_ERRATA6 keyword.
Once added to https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia_6_Errata please replace FOR_ERRATA6 with IN_ERRATA6.
It's the same with x11-font-bh* packages, wich contain the Luxi font family, but not in TTF format. I think Mageia sould update these packages for including the TTF versions, availables in https://www.x.org/releases/individual/font/font-bh-ttf-1.0.3.tar.bz2
Added to english Erratas for Mageia 6 but i can't change the keywords field
(In reply to katnatek from comment #6)
> i can't change the keywords field
Now you can. :)
Please some one put this and the netflix issue in the french erratas
Actually, I have been utilizing just free-licensed text styles throughout the previous couple of years, few of which are in Type 1 position. I currently need to either squander my time on conversions, https://www.assignmentland.co.uk or else hold a more established copy of LibreOffice in the event that I need to proceed with access to legacy documents.
I've just discovered this bug. I am creating a urw-fonts-true-type package, then I will add it to libreoffice recommends.
For Mageia 7 users, I have added a recommends on urw-fonts-truetype package to fix this bug.
Better late than never!
Mageia 6 =>
No you added a recommends to the SRPM...
Check where are the other font deps next time...
Also the "urw-fonts-true-type" doesn't respect the packaging convention for fonts in Mageia... (fonts-ttf-<foobar>)
Please rename it
(In reply to Thierry Vignaud from comment #12)
> No you added a recommends to the SRPM...
> Check where are the other font deps next time...
> Also the "urw-fonts-true-type" doesn't respect the packaging convention for
> fonts in Mageia... (fonts-ttf-<foobar>)
> Please rename it
Yes, I forgot this Mageia policy... done with fonts-ttf-urw !