After upgrading from Mageia 5, konsole fonts are tiny. They're probably half the height they were in Mageia 5.
I can confirm the issue, and I think it's related to the fontconfig regression (bug 18488).
(In reply to Rémi Verschelde from comment #1)
> I can confirm the issue, and I think it's related to the fontconfig
> regression (bug 18488).
Not 100% sure though, it's been a long time since I moved to Cauldron, and I don't really remember when I started having this specific issue (but AFAIR the fonts were fine when I migrated in January).
is it still valid with last sta2 isos ?
In my everyday usage the fonts look good, but I think I made a custom konsole theme back then. This is probably something that needs to be tested in a new user/with a default config.
is it still valid with plasma 5.8.6 ?
Sorry for the delay. It's still valid, but I guess probably not a big deal.
for me this bug was fixed before mageia 6 release. So it can be closed.
David, can you confirm it is fixed on your side?
It wasn't fixed when I last checked right before the Mageia 6 release. I haven't looked at my VM in a while, but I'll take a look at it eventually.
I asked the QA team in the meeting Thursday and the team leader said that nothing had changed on this front.
Hi, thanks for reporting this bug.
We are sorry, but we no longer maintains this version of Mageia. Please upgrade to the latest version and reopen this bug against that version if this bug exists there.
As a result we are setting this bug to RESOLVED:OLD
Also, this was tested with konsole-20.08.2-1.mga8.src.rpm under Cauldron (8) and Mageia 7.
Konsole has integrated profile that uses Monospace police at 10.0 size, which is pretty readable.
Re-opening for now. I haven't played with my test VMs in years but hope to before Mageia 8, so I'll see where this stands, but from my host which is finally on Mageia 7, it looks like this may still be valid. I'll have to compare in my VM if it's actually the same as what I reported here for Mageia 6, as well as how Mageia 8 looks.
Finally upgraded my VM for the first time in over three years, and nothing has changed for this bug.