Description of problem:
The cups system gives printers default names on the Mageia cups client, such as "printer," "printer-2," "printer-3," etc. If those names are changed, print jobs will fail after they are transmitted to the cups server.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Cups client 2.0.2 on Mageia 5 client (Virtualbox 4.3 guest). Cups 1.4.2 on host Enterprise Linux hosting the Virtualbox 4.3.
Search for a shared print queue hosted on cups server, then rename. Print jobs will fail.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Search for and/or create IPP/CUPS print queue on client Mageia 5 system. By default, this will be named "printer" in MCC.
2. Print test job to confirm that the host print server does, in fact, work correctly (this works without failure).
3. Change the name of the printer (or print queue) on the client.
4. Print test job. This fails AFTER the print job is spooled to the system running the cups server.
A similar scenario plays out if using webmin or port 631 in a browser.
Steps to Reproduce:
This does not happen on any other cups client. Other cups clients print queues are given names that are similar to the names of the queues on the hosts, and all are able to spool and print jobs without a problem. This even works on my Mageia 4 client, just not with Mageia 5.
The default name of the queues assigned really should be the same as the names on the server, if it is possbible. But renaming should never break the print functionality.
On the 25th of July, Phillipem uploaded the following packages to
@ Anyone reading this:
* If this bug is valid for you in cauldron, then please test whether updating your system-config-printer packages to version 1.5.7-5.mga6 fixes the problem and report back in this bug report.
* If you do not have this bug in cauldron, but you do run cauldron, then please update those packages, too, and report in bug 18367 whether they work as expected.
Thank you for having taken the needed time to report this issue!
Did this bug get fixed? If so, please change its status to RESOLVED - FIXED
If it didn't, then we regret that we weren't able to fix it in Mageia 5. Mageia 5 has officially reached its End of Life on December 31st, 2017 https://blog.mageia.org/en/2017/11/07/mageia-5-eol-postponed/
It only continued to get important security updates since then, because we are waiting for a big Plasma5 update in Mageia 6, that'll fix many of the Mageia 5 => 6 upgrade issues.
If you haven't seen that this bug got fixed, then please check whether this bug still exists in Mageia 6. If it does, then please change the Version (near the top, at the left) to "6". If you know it exists in Cauldron, then change Version to Cauldron. If you see it in both Cauldron and Mageia 6, then please set Version to Cauldron and add MGA6TOO on the Whiteboard.
No reply, so closing as OLD
==> If you didn't reset your password after February 2018, then you'll need to reset it here https://identity.mageia.org/forgot_password to be able to log in and comment in this report. <==
Source - http://www.webhostingreviewsx.co.uk/uk2-net/