Description of problem:
The output using the free Samsung CLP-315 printer driver is too dark.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
64 bit Mageia 5, however, I also had the problem on 32 bit Mageia 4.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Print something (the test page works) using Mageia's driver (Samsung CLP-310 or 315 Foomatic/foo2qpdl [en]), either one
2. It is too dark, especially noticeable in color
3. Install Samsung's proprietary driver 4.x and pick that driver (Samsung CLP-310 series [en])
4. Print the same test page. It is okay.
This bug was supposedly fixed long ago in another distribution as https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/foo2zjs/+bug/378068 . I don't know if this fix is in Mageia and don't know how to check.
Steps to Reproduce:
On the 25th of July, Phillipem uploaded the following packages to
@ Anyone reading this:
* If this bug is valid for you in cauldron, then please test whether updating your system-config-printer packages to version 1.5.7-5.mga6 fixes the problem and report back in this bug report.
* If you do not have this bug in cauldron, but you do run cauldron, then please update those packages, too, and report in bug 18367 whether they work as expected.
I don't have cauldron. What can I do?
(In reply to Ken Arromdee from comment #2)
> I don't have cauldron. What can I do?
If possible, you could install the latest version using network install: http://www.mageia.org/en/6/ (prefer network install over ISOs because the ISOs are quite outdated for now).
(In reply to Samuel Verschelde from comment #3)
> (In reply to Ken Arromdee from comment #2)
> > I don't have cauldron. What can I do?
> If possible, you could install the latest version using network install:
> http://www.mageia.org/en/6/ (prefer network install over ISOs because the
> ISOs are quite outdated for now).
And now you can install Mageia 6 RC, or use a 6RC Live DVD to test.
Please report whether the issue is solved in Mageia 6
No reply, and, apart from security fixes, no more fixes are pushed to Mageia 5.
Closing as OLD