Bug 4311 - Missing translation in rpmdrake (italian localization)
Summary: Missing translation in rpmdrake (italian localization)
Alias: None
Product: Mageia
Classification: Unclassified
Component: RPM Packages (show other bugs)
Version: Cauldron
Hardware: i586 Linux
Priority: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Thierry Vignaud
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Reported: 2012-01-28 11:48 CET by Marcello Anni
Modified: 2012-04-22 00:22 CEST (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Source RPM: rpmdrake
Status comment:


Description Marcello Anni 2012-01-28 11:48:58 CET
Description of problem:


during the packages installation, the phrase "Preparing packages installation" results untranslated even if it is correctely translated on transifex. Can you fix this? thanks

Comment 1 Rémi Verschelde 2012-01-28 12:38:02 CET
I just checked on the SVN repository, and this string is correctly translated in urpmi's it.po, and it is not fuzzied. My best guess is that this po file was commited "recently" and that urpmi has not been rebuilt with its translations lately.

CC'ing the maintainer of urpmi.

CC: (none) => remi, thierry.vignaud
Source RPM: (none) => urpmi

Comment 2 Dimitrios Glentadakis 2012-01-28 12:49:13 CET
i have a Greek and a French installation both have the same untranslated message in package installation: "Preparing packages installation", in English

CC: (none) => dglent

Comment 3 Thierry Vignaud 2012-01-28 13:03:29 CET
This string doesn't appear in urpmi. So what are you using? rpmdrake? gurpmi?

Keywords: (none) => NEEDINFO
Source RPM: urpmi => (none)

Comment 4 Yuri Chornoivan 2012-01-28 13:39:56 CET
This string is from urpmi (gurpmi2:97 in trunk). It is in Mageia catalogs for translation (Cauldron).

Seems some mistake with using our translations.

CC: (none) => yurchor

Comment 5 Thierry Vignaud 2012-01-28 14:36:54 CET
That's not what I asked.
As I said, this string is both in gurpmi & rpmdrake, whereas you opened a bug against urpmi.
So again, what program are you using?
Comment 6 Dimitrios Glentadakis 2012-01-28 14:51:38 CET
Me i have it in rpmdrake, with the message "computing unrequested orphans" untranslated too in Greek (el) localisation
Comment 7 Marcello Anni 2012-01-30 10:59:13 CET
rpmdrake... i opened it against urpmi only because i find it the string in the urpmi.po file.
Thierry Vignaud 2012-01-30 11:08:28 CET

Summary: Missing translation in Urpmi (italian localization) => Missing translation in rpmdrake (italian localization)
Source RPM: (none) => rpmdrake

Comment 8 Oliver Burger 2012-01-30 14:00:27 CET
The string "Preparing packages installation..." is in the 1_rpmdrakepot resource in tx.
In trunk, it has been corrected to "Preparing package installation..." and it is in the rpmdrakepot resource.
It is translated in Italian in svn as well in trunk as in the 1 branch.
If it is not used in rpmdrake, then perhaps rpmdrake wasn't rebuilt since it was commited?
Or there is something wrong with rpmdrake, this is nothing that can be done by i18n.

Assigning to tv as rpmdrake maintainer.

CC: (none) => oliver.bgr
Assignee: mageia-i18n => thierry.vignaud

Comment 9 Marja Van Waes 2012-02-15 18:46:13 CET
removing the NEEDINFO keyword, since there are no open questions

Keywords: NEEDINFO => (none)
CC: (none) => marja11

Comment 10 Dimitrios Glentadakis 2012-04-21 14:54:25 CEST
(In reply to comment #2)
> i have a Greek and a French installation both have the same untranslated
> message in package installation: "Preparing packages installation", in English

In Mageia 2 beta 3 i dont have the problem any more
Comment 11 Manuel Hiebel 2012-04-22 00:22:49 CEST
yep seems ok for me too, thanks

Resolution: (none) => FIXED

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.