When installing LXDE with only configuration,
there are many needless kde and qt packages and some others.
urpmi -v -v --debug task-lxde > lxde.txt ...
Created attachment 1327 [details]
When installing task-lxde there are not KDE packages.
But, in the installer when I choose LXDE there are KDE packages.
(the urpmi task-lxde was to do in a clean install I guess)
can you provide the file /root/drakx/report.bug.gz as an attachment ?
Created attachment 1328 [details]
Here is the file /root/drakx/report.bug.gz
Strange because I see nothing after the chooseGroups step.
Have you example of kde/qt rpms ?
Created attachment 1340 [details]
List of packages
Here is the list of packages installed.
I had only installed firefox and java-sun.
For instance there is nepomuk.
I install with ftp with cd burned with the last boot.iso (5/1/2012).
I choose first "personal" then "lxde" with only "configuration".
hum maybe it's because of *-handbook in Group: Books/Other
Thierry,John, I'am correct ?
The handbooks are installed only via Â« suggests Â» because some kde package(kdm, kdelibs4-core, kdebase4-runtime etc etc) are installed.
From the debug log it seems that kde was explicity installed if i'm reading correctly (it's the first time :p) :
* compssUsers.pl got: "Server|Web/FTP", "Server|Mail", "Server|Database", "Server|Firewall/Router", "Server|Network Computer server", "Workstation|Office Workstation", "Workstation|Game station", "Workstation|Multimedia station", "Workstation|Internet station", "Workstation|Network Computer (client)", "Workstation|Configuration", "Workstation|Console Tools", "Workstation|Development", "Workstation|Documentation", "Workstation|LSB", "Graphical Environment|KDE Workstation", "Graphical Environment|GNOME Workstation", "Graphical Environment|LXDE Desktop", "Graphical Environment|Other Graphical Desktops"
* compssUsersChoice selected: "Workstation|Configuration", "Graphical Environment|LXDE Desktop"
* packageCallbackChoices: default choice ('kdm') from kdm,gdm,slim for dm
* setSelectedFromCompssList: reached size 1446MB, up to indice 4 (less than 28Gio) for flags 3D BURNER CAT_ACCESSIBILITY CAT_CONFIG CAT_LXDE CAT_MINIMAL_DOCS CAT_SYSTEM CAT_X CHARSET"iso-8859-15" DVD LOCALES"fr" LOCALES"fr_FR" META_CLASS"download" SMP SOUND TRUE USB UTF8
* rpmsrate_flags_chosen's: 3D BURNER CAT_ACCESSIBILITY CAT_CONFIG CAT_LXDE CAT_MINIMAL_DOCS CAT_SYSTEM CAT_X CHARSET"iso-8859-15" DVD LOCALES"fr" LOCALES"fr_FR" META_CLASS"download" SMP SOUND TRUE USB UTF8
* !CAT_GNOME&&!CAT_XFCE&&CAT_OFFICE CAT_KDE 4MB Default-kde4-config
In fact there is the same issue in mga 1 with the dvd
Now it is worse !
I have LXDE with KDE gui (menu ...).
We could have gdm listed in /etc/urpmi/prefer.vendor.list (so that it gets selected by default for the "dm" virtual package), it probably pulls less deps than kdm
what about slim or simply xdm?
also for task-xfce it should probably better to pull lxdm since it's supposed to be for lxde ?
(In reply to comment #14)
> also for task-xfce it should probably better to pull lxdm since it's supposed
> to be for lxde ?
lxdm works, but on my PC it uses 50% CPU times permanently.
(I have a processor with 2 cores).
xdm works fine.
Now if using xdm or slim we cannot choose the gui and it is KDE which start.
You can delete kdm and use only gdm.
Created attachment 1377 [details]
Using the boot.iso image, I wanted to install Lxde and other light desktops, carefully unticking the checkboxes for Gnome and KDE.
1317 packages were installed and when rebooting the computer, there was no graphical login manager. I logged in with $ startx and got a full KDE session.
Launching an Openbox session was impossible.
I've been removing these KDE and Qt packages, installed Lxdm, logged out of the session and was able to have a working Lxdm login screen enabling me to choose from E17, IceWM, Lxde and drak3d sessions.
Correction : gdm do not start at boot and I have the console.
startx for lauching LXDE.
Can we not make an analogy with the 3060 report ?
Yes there is an analogy.
If installing only task-lxde + task-X + drakconf there is no kde packages.
But there is gdm which do not works.
Well something is wrong somewhere. in the prefer.vendor.list, in the compssUsers.pl, in the rpmsrate, or in some require of pkgs
But I don't know :(
Created attachment 1402 [details]
urpme -a kde command
After installing LXDE if I want delete kde I do :
"urpme -a kde" and it want to delete lxde, gnome and gtk packages.
I think there is a big problem of dependency.
If I use rpmdrake I can delete kde and qt packages and then delete orphans
without delete lxde, gnome or gtk packages.
1) There's nothing wrong per se to have requires a package with gnome or kde in its name (beginning with gtk (the GNOME ToolKit)
2) it's normal suggested packages could be removed without removing the packages that are suggested them (that's the difference between requires & suggests)
Created attachment 1403 [details]
Looks like it's OK (no more KDE packages) now that task-lxde requires gdm:
mkdir temp/dev -p
urpmi.addmedia --urpmi-root=temp --distrib --mirrorlist
urpmi --urpmi-root=temp basesystem --justdb 2>&1|tee LOG.lxde2
urpmi --urpmi-root=temp task-lxde --justdb 2>&1|tee LOG.lxde3
(In reply to comment #23)
> Created attachment 1402 [details]
> urpme -a kde command
> After installing LXDE if I want delete kde I do :
> "urpme -a kde" and it want to delete lxde, gnome and gtk packages.
> (see attachement)
> I think there is a big problem of dependency.
> If I use rpmdrake I can delete kde and qt packages and then delete orphans
> without delete lxde, gnome or gtk packages.
Although my problem is not exactly the same (I use xfce), to delete the packages
unnecessary, I do
urpme docbook-dtds qt4-common
and then :
This way I remove any package concerning gtk.
OK, if I do "urpme -a qt4" and then I delete orphans, it is fine.
But I have seen that pulseaudio have been deleted.
If I want to install pulseaudio it ask for 2 choices.
1) "apper" which then install many kde packages
2) "gnome-packagekit-common" which install few gnome packages.
I think for LXDE it is better to choose the second one.
Minimal install + personnal choice, if I select xguest, userdrake, drakconf (in the 'other DE', 'lxde' or 'gnome' group)
default choice 'kdm' from kdm,gdm,slim,lxdm, for dm (xdm is missing as provide)
xguest require dm, userdrake had a suggest for xguest
but I see nothing in the rpmsrate or in the prefer.vendor.list about kdm
so from where is it ?
I would be agree with Comment 12, 13 and fix/close this bug
Needless packages when installing LXDE =>
Needless packages when installing drakconfSource RPM:
I do not think we can not consider that the bug is fixed.
Because the question is:
why kdm is proposed for display manager, while the choosen desktop is LXDE ?
Indeed, it is not prefer.vendor.list. But who then?
A note: xdm does not provide dm (actualy)
I think we can not consider that the bug is fixed.
After my last tries of lxdm, I think that it is effectively preferable to use SLiM.
Here is the result of the top command, by using lxdm.
PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
1377 root 20 0 7004 2456 2000 R 98.3 0.5 2:09.92 lxdm-binary
1 root 20 0 4764 2912 1660 S 0.0 0.6 0:01.54 systemd
It seems that lxdm-0.4 raise a problem of processor use.
The file "prefer.vendor.list" must be thus completed by a line " slim ", to install slim rather that kdm.
I verified that it has no incidence when a user wants to install KDE or Gnome.
See also the bug 3060.
Attachment 1327 is obsolete:
Attachment 1402 is obsolete:
That's the wrong way.
This should be done in task-lxde the same way:
- task-xfce suggests gdm
- task-kde4-minimal requires kdm
- task-xfce suggests gdm
Anyway task-lxde already suggests gdm since some monthes
BTW I tagged as obsolete:
- running the urpmi command when the task package was already installed
- urpme liblockdev1 (which is not a KDE library)
Next time please open a new bug report.
Needless packages when installing drakconf =>
Needless packages when installing lxde