domainname is not set.
/usr/libexec/ypbind-pre-setdomain is missing.
it seems that yp.conf is not read.
Starting NIS/YP (Network Information Service) Clients to NIS Domain Binder...
ypbind.service: Failed to execute command: No such file or directory
ypbind.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/libexec/ypbind-pre-setdomain: No such file or directory
Subject: Le processus /usr/libexec/ypbind-pre-setdomain n'a pas pu être exécuté
Failed to start NIS/YP (Network Information Service) Clients to NIS Domain Binder.
a quick soution is :
ln -s /usr/lib/ypbind/ypbind-pre-setdomain /usr/libexec/ypbind-pre-setdomain
ln -s /usr/lib/ypbind/ypbind-post-waitbind /usr/libexec/ypbind-post-waitbind
but usage seems not to having link in /usr/libexec.
Should be fixed with ypbind-2.7.2-3.1.mga8 in Core/Updates_testing repo!
Please test it.
Assigning to QA now,
Our current ypbind does not launch properly because of a packaging issue. There is a wrong path issue with ypbind-post-waitbind and ypbind-pre-setdomain who should be in '/usr/libexec/' instead of '/usr/lib/ypbind/'.
So this update fixes this issue.
Packages in 8/core/updates_testing:
I check ypbind-2.7.2-3.1.mga8.x86_64.rpm
It should be ok.
ypbind-post-waitbind and ypbind-pre-setdomain are now in '/usr/libexec/'.
I didn't have a yp server to bind with but everything is ok for the client until waiting for a map.
Thanks for your very quick answer and solution !
Tested in a vbox Plasma guest. No installation issues.
I have no idea how to use this, but I can confirm that ypbind-post-waitbind and ypbind-pre-setdomain are in /usr/libexec/, where before the update they were in /usr/lib/ypbind/.
Giving this an OK, and validating. Advisory in Comment 3.
An update for this issue has been pushed to the Mageia Updates repository.
I checked ypbind-2.7.2-3.1.mga8.x86_64.rpm.
It works fine.