MyPaint v2.0.0 Released in February 2020. Please update the package (now in version 1.2.1
Since you submitted this under Cauldron, it is already fixed. The requested package is already there:
Tue Mar 31
- new version 2.0.0
Are you asking for it to be available for Mageia 7? Not sure whether this counts as a potential update; or a backport, in which case I think it would need to be re-classed as a new package request.
Hi, I am not sure too, how it should be classified, but if it would be available for Mageia 7, I could run it. Also if needed and possible, the re-classification "as a new package request" would lead to optimal result.
Thank you for the clarification.
Unsure whether this would count as a new package/backport request for Mageia 7, or can be swallowed as an update.
Assigning to DavidG as the main recent maintainer, CC'ing Rémi as registered maintainer (who committed the current version 1.2.1 a very long time ago).
MyPaint version 2.0.0 Released =>
mypaint version 2.0.0 Released, new package [backport] request for Mageia 7Severity:
New RPM package request
Could we make this a backport request?
Mypaint 1.2.1 does not start using Gnome under Wyland (but works under X11 as a workaround).
My limited testing (downloaded the mypaint appimage) indicates this issue is fixed under 2.0.0.
(In reply to Daniel Kjellin from comment #4)
> Mypaint 1.2.1 does not start using Gnome under Wayland (but works under X11
> as a workaround).
> My limited testing (downloaded the mypaint appimage) indicates this issue is
> fixed under 2.0.0.
Thank you for this extra important information, which changes the flavour of the bug.
> Could we make this a backport request?
Can DavidG or Rémi decide whether it can be done as a straight update? Or whether it needs re-classing as a Backport.
New RPM package request =>
mypaint version 2.0.0 Released, new package [backport] request for Mageia 7 =>
Mypaint 1.2.1 does not start using Gnome under WaylandSeverity:
Assigning to the real maintainer!
I pushed a backport of mypaint 2.0.1 and its dependencies to Mageia 7 Core Backports Testing.
I haven't tested it myself yet and would appreciate tests. I'm a bit worried of potential incompatibilities between the updated libmypaint0 and gimp, which uses it (and the mypaint-brushes). So that's something to test too to make sure GIMP still works fine.
RPMs in core/backports_testing:
SRPMs in core/backports_testing:
RPM Packages =>