Description of problem:
tellico-3.0.2-1 provided by Mageia 6 has a little bug (the track length of an imported audio CD is given in sectors instead of seconds...)
in august 2017 Bruno Cornec built a corrected version tellico-3.0.2-1.1 (fixing tellico upstream bug https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379426) which is still in update-testing
but seems not to have been tested
I tested it on a x86_64 system and it's OK (preserving the already built library and giving a correct length to newly imported audioCD)
it may be uploaded to the update repo (perhaps need a test on a 586 system but the little modification allows to think it's OK on both systems without having to test it)
Assigning to the registered maintainer.
This bugfix is still in update-testing ... and never has been proposed to QA (I tested it and it works... on a 64 bits mageia6)
But maybe, it needs now to be rebuilt with the new QT version 5.9.4 from update-testing before being proposed to QA with the other KDE applications
Perhaps this has to be tagged as blocking for bug 22660 ?
NB (I didn't dare to test the whole stack of updates for QT KF5 plasma and KDE on my production computer)
Done for a rebuild!
So now awaiting for the new Qt 5.9.4 stack validated and pushed before pushing
it seems to be in the list of KF5 stack update
Installed and tested without issues.
Tested using two large collection. Loading, editing, saving, viewing, all worked.
One thing I noticed is that it uses lots more memory than before. Checking where the memory is used shows that it is the preloading of images that consumes most of the memory.
$ uname -a
Linux marte 4.14.38-desktop-1.mga6 #1 SMP Mon Apr 30 13:15:08 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ rpm -q tellico
Thanks PC_LX for your exhaustive tests.
Testing M6/64 specifically for the the fault described in comment 0.
System up-to-date re Qt5, Plasma, KDE etc Big Update.
BEFORE update: tellico-3.0.2-1.mga6
Could not find a menu entry for it after in installation, so launched it from terminal.
Imported an audio CD, which eventually listed on the terminal 1 Artist line per track. Clicking on it in the RH Album column showed each track with a number which was *not* the duration in seconds; I will believe it is the number of sectors! Deleted it.
AFTER update: tellico-3.0.2-1.2.mga6
Importing the same audio CD did not list an Artist line per track. Clicking on it in the RH Album column listed all the tracks with correct mm:ss timings.
I will do the Advisory from the description & bug RPMs page.
An update for this issue has been pushed to the Mageia Updates repository.