Description of problem:
when switcing between APs (SSIDs), net_applet often displays the wrong AP/SSID. It does eventually correct itself; but haven't timed that.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: guessing about 25% of the time
Steps to Reproduce:
1. switch between available APs/SSIDs
2. watch the network-up popup; or hover over the net_applet icon
Created attachment 10290 [details]
screenshot showing bug
1. Network Monitor shows ESSID = HotWings
2. 'iwlist scan' does not contain G5_6529
3. G5_6529 (cellphone tethering) was last used ~9 hours earlier
Created attachment 10907 [details]
screen shot of problem
This bug persists. NetApplet still showing temporary SSID from new DSL modem. This bug is in the Tooltip only -- other displays are correct.
Does this still present in Mageia 7 or Cauldron ?
Yes, on M7 I every now and then notice this when there is a radar alarm on my router. The wifi is cut off and starts automatically after a while, but the applet remains showing "Not connected" for some time.
I am not running M8 much, so the situation has not occured yet.
Mageia 8Source RPM: