Testing Mageia RC6 (Mageia-6-rc-LiveDVD-Plasma-x86_64-DVD) - the window controls (Minimize|Maximize|Close) were missing.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Boot from bootable USB drive
2. On setup select South Africa as country
3. On Keyboard select US Keyboard.
How to resolve (in original session):
1. Change region to United States
2. Log out and log in again.
How to resolve from boot:
1. Select South Africa as country
2. Select US (Intl) keyboard
Thanks for the report and workaround.
To me it seem weird that keyboard/localisation affects window controls!
Rising importance a bit as it looks bad for new user and how to resolve is not obvious. Maybe it affect more localisations.
Setting FOR_ERRATA6 ; if not solved before release we should write workaround there.
Assigning to the KDE maintainers, even if this might be specific to the Live isos.
Can someone reproduce this in Plasma5 installed from a classical (non-Live) iso?
Please reproduce the bug + logging in and out to resolve it.
After that, please open a konsole/terminal, become root (by just typing "su") and run:
journalctl -ab > log.txt
and attach log.txt to this bug report.