Description of problem:
I installed MGA6 sta2 and used existing home. After install finished and system rebooted, a dialog for root password and new user appeared. I created the same user, that I have in the existing /home.
After that installer hanged. In the log I seen, that installer executed a perl script, that copied files from /home/live to my old home. I rebooted the system.
After that I discovered, that some of my configs has been overwritten. For example, all virtual machines in VirtualBox disappeared. The most serious issue is akonadi: I had several mailboxes configured in KMail and now they are broken - neither I cannot sync them nor I can delete them. Seems I need to purge the akonadi configs and data and configure all again.
Plasma settings are too overwritten, but it's not hard to reconfigure back.
May be some else application's data broken too, but I haven't found yet.
Thanks to the IMAP, I haven't lose my mail, but this easily could lead to data loss.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): MGA6 sta2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install the system using existing home.
2. After reboot create the user with the same name as in the existing home.
What is the output of
ls -al /home
Please attach journal.txt that is the result of running, as root,
journalctl -ab2 > journal.txt
isobuild, kde, marja11
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Mar 1 00:51 ./
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 230 Jan 2 03:36 ../
drwxr-x--- 18 nekit nekit 4096 Apr 2 06:57 live/
drwxr-xr-x 62 nekit nekit 12288 Apr 5 15:23 nekit/
I cannot give you the logs of the second boot from installed sta2, because I already deleted that installation and returned back a snapshot from the previous install.
I'll try to reproduce on a virtual machine.
(In reply to Nikita Krupenko from comment #3)
> I'll try to reproduce on a virtual machine.
Well, actually, this is a duplicate of bug 6022.
I updated the wiki to be more explicit
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 6022 ***
Unfortunately most people only read the Wiki *after* something's gone wrong :-(
I do think we should fix this.
or don't read the wiki at all :)