Bug 19284 - task is not sent to printer after an upgrade from mga5 to cauldron
Summary: task is not sent to printer after an upgrade from mga5 to cauldron
Alias: None
Product: Mageia
Classification: Unclassified
Component: RPM Packages (show other bugs)
Version: Cauldron
Hardware: All Linux
Priority: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Thierry Vignaud
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Blocks: 18367
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2016-09-02 09:29 CEST by john gibbe
Modified: 2022-07-10 19:46 CEST (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Source RPM: cups
Status comment:


Description john gibbe 2016-09-02 09:29:49 CEST
Description of problem:

In the updated cups-common package, the name of some programs has changed:
lpr-cups is now named lpr.cups, lpq-cups is lpq.cups ans so on.

As I update from mga5 to cauldron, it has broken the symbolic link chain:
/usr/bin/lpr -> /etc/alternatives/lpr
/etc/alternatives/lpr -> /usr/bin/lpr-cups
and the same for other lp* programs

if I link /etc/alternatives/lp* programs to the correct target it resolve that issue.

- I didn't find the new target for lpmove
- I've not been able to find out from where /etc/alternatives comes (which package)

Steps to Reproduce:
1.install mga5
2.update to cauldron
3.open an application eg kwrite and try to print
Marja Van Waes 2016-09-02 12:35:59 CEST

CC: (none) => marja11
Blocks: (none) => 18367
Assignee: bugsquad => thierry.vignaud
Source RPM: cups-common => cups

Comment 1 sturmvogel 2022-07-10 19:46:41 CEST
This bug was filed against MGA5 (EOL Dec 2017) updated to cauldron MGA6 (EOL Sep 2019). Closing as OLD.

Resolution: (none) => OLD

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.