Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Switch HP5520 printer/scanner on
2. Install printer via MCC/Hardware/HPLIP option (Prints normally)
3. Start HPLIP device manager
4. Selecting Status or Supplies shows 'Device Error'
Assigning to all packagers collectively, since there is no maintainer for this package.
(In reply to Marja van Waes from comment #1)
> Assigning to all packagers collectively, since there is no maintainer for
> this package.
now really assigning :-/
On the 25th of July, Phillipem uploaded the following packages to
@ Anyone reading this:
* If this bug is valid for you in cauldron, then please test whether updating your system-config-printer packages to version 1.5.7-5.mga6 fixes the problem and report back in this bug report.
* If you do not have this bug in cauldron, but you do run cauldron, then please update those packages, too, and report in bug 18367 whether they work as expected.
Just done system-config-printer etc above update from Core/Testing on 64-bit Mga6-RC.
HP5520 installed with system-config-printer ('USB' option), and does print, but HPLIP reports "No printer found".
> If this bug is valid for you in cauldron, then please test whether updating
> your system-config-printer packages to version 1.5.7-5.mga6 fixes the problem > and report back in this bug report.
Still valid with 11/1/17 Mageia-6-sta2, with 1.5.7-10.mga6 version installed.
N.B. The bug is not present in 64-bit Mageia-5.1.
Problem now seems to have disappeared on Mageia-6-sta2 fully updated!
(In reply to Maurice Batey from comment #6)
> Problem now seems to have disappeared on Mageia-6-sta2 fully updated!
Thanks, Maurice, closing then.