Description of problem: Whenever you start transfering files from external usb hdd to computer or vice versa, the cpu load reaches 99-100%, this happens no matter what filesystem in the hdd you're using.
I have noticed that kswap consumes a lot of cpu when transfering files, sometimes it consumes 60% to 75% of cpu power and because of that computer gets very slow, even when watching some video is like watching the movie in slow motion, system gets very sluggish!
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): It is happening in Mageia 3 32 and 64 bit version with KDE DE!
I want to say that I'm not the only one that have been affected by this strange behavior, click on this link so you can go to the Mageia forum discussion about this problem: https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5812
How reproducible: When transfering files between pc and external usb hard disk!
Have not tested if this happens using usb flash drives!
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Start to transfer files between computer and external hdd or vice versa!
2.Even with files as little as 300 to 500 mb or bigger files causes this behavior!
3.Here's the link to the forum discussion, here you'll find more info about the issue: https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5812
Steps to Reproduce:
Operative System Consumes 99%-100% CPU Load When Transfering Files To Computer! =>
Mageia 3 KDE Consumes 99%-100% CPU Load When Transfering Files or Copying Files!
regarding the forum post it looks like more a bug to send to upstream
balcaen.john, lmenut, nicolas.lecureuil
Update: I deleted the 32bit install and reinstalled Mageia 3 KDE 64bit, the same problem persist as stated before with 64 version too.
I was transfering document and pictures and the cpu load didn't get to 100%, in fact it didn't pass even 82% cpu load, but when I started to transfer videos it went up to 100% again, very strange.
You want to know another strange thing, a friend of mine has openSUSE 12.3 on his computer, so I went to his home and used his pc to transfer files, the cpu stayed between 60%-80% never reached 100%, so I used ksysguard and top to see if I could find something inusual and to my surprise I didn't saw kswap running at any moment during the transfer on the openSUSE pc.
I filed a bug report at KDE.org Bug Tracking System:
Mageia 3 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status 4 months ago.
Mageia 3 is no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of Mageia
please feel free to click on "Version" change it against that version of Mageia
and reopen this bug.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.
The Mageia Bugsquad